Major discography update

May 5th, 2006

We (the website people, not the band) have been hard at work on the discography, getting it in the right order and adding all of those crazy old and rare albums we can find info about. Big thanks to Ryan Kelley who after years and years is still a great guy willing to help out. Also a big thanks goes to Jeremy Patton who gave Ryan the oldest known DHC release, “Say Cheese“. More coming soon…

Entry Filed under: General

8 Comments

• 1. JeremyToaster  |  May 13th, 2006 at 2:31 pm

Glad you liked the stuff I sent! For you fans, there are still about 5 other tapes / versions of stuff they have to put up as well as a test pressing of the first DHC LP! Good stuff! Enjoy!

jeremy

• 2. JEsse  |  May 15th, 2006 at 10:38 am

wow that is awesome!!!!… i cant wait for the other 5 missing tapes and the test LP!

• 3. Dave  |  May 20th, 2006 at 3:41 pm

Hiya one more for the Compilations Discography, in 1997 the DHC track Nuisance featured on the album Godmoney (the sound track to the film of the same name).

An important one to me since this is the first time I heard the band!

• 4. JeremyToaster  |  May 25th, 2006 at 10:26 am

Yea so basically in 1991 Moon Records released on cassette and LP, the album “Dance Hall Crashers” It contained 13 tracks and was issued at MR-024. Then in 1993 Moon Records released “1989-1992″ a ‘best of’ CD with the Moon Records number MR024CD. It contains 19 tracks. So the tape and LP are different than the CD. The LP was not released only in Europe, I’m almost 100% positive it was released here in the US, I don’t have the retail version right now, I just have the test pressing version. I know it was DISTRIBUTED in Europe by Revolver Distribution, the same company that distributed most of the Moon LPs as well as most the modern ska LPs in the late 80s to early 90s.

• 5. JeremyToaster  |  May 25th, 2006 at 10:31 am

Then when Honest Don released the “Old Record” LP, it is actually the Moon CD release with the song “Time To Ease Up” left off.

• 6. JeremyToaster  |  June 6th, 2006 at 9:29 am

I also have the Skankin Round The World Vol. 4 LP Test pressing

• 7. Akheron  |  March 13th, 2007 at 7:14 am

Why was “Time to Ease Up” left off of the Old Record Re-Release? Was there some kind of falling out with Jason Hammond?

Also if anyone has a link to somwhere I can download or listen to this specific song, it would be much appreciated. I owned the original album at one point in time, but sadly, no longer do.

• 8. jeremy  |  March 26th, 2007 at 12:35 pm

Looks more and more like there won’t be any new stuff from DHC anytime soon if ever :( I have seen them in 4 states and absolutely love them it would be sad to think that when i saw them in Anaheim a few years ago it was the last time they will play again…… please tell me that isnt true Elyse :)